World News‎ > ‎

Arrest was planned to satisfy certain parties, says accused journalist in embassy blast case

posted 21 Oct 2012, 05:09 by Mpelembe Admin   [ updated 21 Oct 2012, 05:10 ]

Soon upon release from prison for involvement in the bomb attack on the car of an Israeli diplomat, journalist Syed Mohammed Kazmi says his arrest was a planned conspiracy to satisfy certain parties.

NEW DELHIINDIA (OCTOBER 21, 2012)  (ANI) - Soon upon release from prison for involvement in the bomb attack on the car of an Israeli diplomat, journalist Syed Mohammed Kazmi on Sunday (October 21) said that his arrest was a planned conspiracy to satisfy certain parties.

The visibly happy yet shaken journalist took his time to take questions from media as he took a while to bravely face questions following his horrific plight and string of accusations.

Kazmi however dauntingly admitted that that there was more to his arrest.

"The way this incident has happened, the way I was arrested, I feel it was all a plan to satisfy certain powers," said Kazmi.

Kazmi, who worked for an Iranian news agency and was accused of being involved in the bomb attack on the car of an Israeli diplomat, was released from judicial custody here late on Saturday (October 20).

He was granted bail by the Supreme Court of India, as no charge sheet had been filed against him within the stipulated period of 90 days after his arrest.

Thousands of his supporters and admirers had gathered outside the prison and celebrated his release by bursting firecrackers.

Kazmi went on to share his family's plight, who had approached the nation's media for help through moving press conferences following his sudden arrest.

"I have passed through very tough time, it is a new life for me. I have seen my wife almost helpless, my children helpless, running helter-skelter throughout this turmoil. I don't have words to explain my pain," said Kazmi.

The journalist further said he believed in the country's law and hoped that justice would be meted out through fair probe and trial.

"I have humble submission that the law, the truth must prevail and I have full confidence and faith in judiciary and because I am innocent, I am 100 percent sure that one day I will be free from all these allegations," said Kazmi.

Kazmi was arrested on March 6 this year in connection with Israeli embassy car bomb blast.

A staffer with national television channel Doordarshan, he also freelanced for Iran's Islamic Republic News Agency.

In February, a bomber travelling by motorcycle attached an explosive to the car of the Israeli diplomat's wife as she drove to pick her children up from school on February 13 inNew Delhi, hours after an attack was foiled in TbilisiGeorgia.

Kazmi was not directly involved in the attack itself.

According to a senior police offer who wished to remain anonymous, the main suspect was a foreigner, possibly an Iranian.

Israel accused Iran and the Lebanese Hezbollah of being behind the twin bomb attacks that targeted Israeli embassy staff in India and Georgia.


Comments