As the search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 reaches the two-week mark, some Malaysians say life must move on.
BANDAR KINRARA, MALAYSIA (MARCH 22, 2014) (REUTERS) - The bustle of daily life continued for Malaysians on Saturday (March 22), as the search for missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 dragged into a second week.
But Malaysian officials say they are now bracing for the "long haul" as searches by more than two dozen countries turn up few results.
Newspaper headlines at one street-side seller in a southern suburb of Kuala Lumpurcontinued to be dominated by coverage of the search efforts, but customers said they were beginning to feel fatigued.
"I think the authorities should just be allowed to do their jobs. I feel annoyed because there's too much speculation - and this needs to be stopped," Susarudin Yakub said.
Families of the passengers have faced an emotionally wrenching battle to elicit information from Malaysia's government, their angst fuelled by a steady stream of speculation and false leads.
The country's transport minister has rejected complaints that the country has botched search efforts or refused to share vital information with other governments.
"I want to see something true is coming out from our government, from the people who is up there. This all is not a true stories I thinks. Something is going on," he said.
An international team hunting for possible debris from the aircraft in the remote southern Indian Ocean yielded no results on Friday (March 23), and Australia's deputy prime minister said suspected debris there may have sunk.
On Saturday, six aircraft began returning to the region where objects identified by satellite were spotted earlier this week, while two merchant ships were also searching the area.
World News >